Are you about to take one of the most important steps of a lifetime, the selection and purchase of some kind of real estate in the Edmonton area?
If you are like thousands of others, you are seeking something that is perfect for you and your family, but where do you start?
If you have decided to make this move, finding what you want might appear impossible. But this decision doesn’t have to be overwhelming, so if you don’t have an inside track about what’s for sale and where, it is time to consult a professional.
There are many questions you must ask yourself some questions:
- Is my family still growing?
- What are their needs?
- Are schools a factor?
- Do I want minimum yard upkeep? Maybe a garden?
- Do I need to be within commuting distance of a certain area?
- Do I want a fixer-upper, or a total move-in ready home?
- Will I be using it as a second home?
- Will I keep the property to use for retirement or as investment?
- What is most important about the lifestyle I want to accomplish?
- Next, provide information to your Realtor about what you can afford. This way, he/she has the tools to assist you, including how much a bank may lend you, and on what basis it is calculated. Once a price range is established, the Realtor will have the information to help you find the right property within your guidelines.
- As you inspect properties, your Realtor will get a real sense of what you like or dislike.
- Sometimes it takes a few trips to various properties for you to establish the parameters that are appropriate for you and your family.
- Once you are ready to make an offer, your Realtor will act as an intermediary between you and the seller. He/she will help negotiate price, down payment, contingencies, closing dates and anything else needed to bring the sale to a satisfactory conclusion. Select an Realtor that will be your guide, your diplomat, and your trusted advisor, as you pursue your property ownership objectives.